Turkey Spice Sensation
Here’s an aromatic and delicious warm salad with a difference – spiced turkey mince and couscous topped with fresh pomegranate and mint.
In a large frying pan fry the red onion with the garlic over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes without colour, add the spices and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring.
Add 250g of turkey mince (or chicken/soya mince if you prefer) and cook until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile make up a packet of Spice Sensation Couscous according to the packet instructions. Fluff with a fork and stir through the turkey mixture with the lemon zest, coriander and mint.
Serve sprinkled with pistachios and pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of plain yoghurt and pomegranate molasses.
- 250g turkey (or chicken/soya) mince
- 1 packet Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Couscous
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- zest of ½ fresh lemon
- handful of chopped fresh mint and coriander
- handful of unsalted pistachios
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- plain yoghurt and pomegranate molasses to serve.