Vegetable Creole Crunch Salad
The perfect alternative to coleslaw with more colour, flavour – and it’s healthier too. Serve it up as an accompaniment to grilled meat or fish, or spoon into a fluffy baked jacket potato – ideal for a quick healthy supper.
Mix the cabbage, celery, green pepper and salad onions together in a large bowl.
Mix the mustard, creamed horseradish, Tabasco and vinegar in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the oil to make a dressing. Stir in the yoghurt and season well.
Stir in the dressing, chopped dill and caraway seeds, if using, into the vegetables before serving so that the cabbage stays nice and crunchy. Dust all over the top with the cayenne pepper and serve.
- 275g white cabbage, cored and very thinly shredded
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 4 salad onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper