Warm Tomato, Chorizo & Red Onion Couscous Salad
Quick and easy with just a few ingredients this warm salad is full of flavour and a delightful smokiness from the chorizo. The Spanish flavours work perfectly with the tomato and chilli kick in our couscous. Great for a light lunch.
Add a little drizzle of the oil to a frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo. Cook until slightly crispy. Turn off the heat and add the cherry tomatoes. Stir to warm through in the residual heat and chorizo oil. Add the sherry vinegar.
Meanwhile prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and fluff with a fork. Stir through the onions and half the parsley. Divide the couscous between two serving plates, top with the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle over the pan juices. Scatter with the remaining parsley and season. Serve immediately with crusty bread.
Tip: delicious with some crumbled feta or goat’s cheese.
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 120g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes or baby plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 x packet of Ainsley Harriott Tomato & Chilli Couscous
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar